EFR – Emergency First Response
- Basic life support through a bystander, family member or co-worker intervention can significantly increase a person’s chance of a successful recovery.
- The EFR is a basic training course in emergency care that is not restricted to divers and is a pre-requisite for the PADI Rescue Diver Course.
What you will learn:
- Primary Care (CPR)
- You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing and have no heartbeat
- How to handle patients that may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding.
- You’ll learn how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
Secondary Care (First Aid):
Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
- 8 hours
- 1 Full Day
- EFR Manual
- Registration & Certificate
EFR Refresher – It’s a good idea to refresh your CPR and first aid skills every 24 months, and that’s what the EFR Refresher course is designed to do. Focusing on key skills, the course allows you to stay up-to-date and ready to lend aid when needed.